Welcome to the St Meryl School website.
We are very proud of our school and we hope that you will enjoy looking at our website!
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY:
These are on Thursdays at 9.00am. Dates are as follows:
- Year 4-1st October
- Year 5-8th October
- Year 1-12th November
- Year 2-19th November
- Year 6-26th November
- Year 3-3rd December
- Reception-10th December
SEAL assemblies with Mrs Nye:
We welcome parents to attend these. Dates are as follows:
- Thursday 22nd October at 9.00am
- Thursday 5th November at 9.00am
- Thursday 17th December at 9.00am
- Show Racism the Red Card workshops for Years 4, 5 and 6-Weds 23rd September
- Phonics workshop for Reception class parents-2.30pm Weds 23rd September
- Den Day-Friday 25th September
- Harvest assembly (parents welcome to attend)-Friday 23rd October
- PTA Halloween Disco (more details to follow)-Friday 23rd October
- Half term-week beginning 26th October
- Anti-bullying Week-week beginning 16th November
- Parent teacher consultations-Monday 16th and Wednesday 18th November
- Y4 planting trees at Heartwood Forest (more details to follow)-Tuesday 24th November
- PTA Christmas Bazaar-Saturday 28th November
- Choir singing at the Colosseum-Thursday 3rd December
- Visit to the pantomime (oh yes it is)-Monday 7th December
- Christmas dinner day-Thursday 10th December
- Christmas shows-Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th December
- End of term-2pm on Friday 18th December
We are celebrating again!
St Meryl School has been successful in achieving the Hertfordshire Quality Standards award (HQS) in recognition of its high quality provision in the early years.
In working towards HQS the school has worked alongside the local authority’s advisors through a quality assurance process. The focus of HQS is on leadership, parent and child participation and action planning. It also involved a very comprehensive environmental audit.
This is a tremendous achievement and one that we are very proud of.
Our thanks go to all of the Nursery and Reception class parents for their support and invaluable contribution towards the work that has taken place in order to achieve this award.
Thanks to Mrs Nye and her team of practitioners in the early years for the hard work and commitment that they have shown in ensuring that our children get the very best start to their school life in the early years.
And of course, thank you to our children. They are the reason we work together to do what we do.
Thank you to all of those parents who attended our maths workshop and our sex and relationships education parent information session. Feedback from parents was incredibly positive-please visit the parent page to see all of the comments made.
CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs Parker and the Eco-Council. In addition to our bronze eco-award we have now been awarded the silver award too. Well done!
We have been awarded Artsmark!
Artsmark is Arts Council England's flagship programme which enables schools and other organisations to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision. It is delivered by Trinity College London and 10 regional bridge organisations drive participation. Achieving Artsmark means that St Meryl has a number of very special qualities. It demonstrates that we:
-have an excellent arts and cultural offer
-are forward-thinking and open to development
-are committed to investing in our staff and young people
-are committed to listening to our learners and providing opportunities for our community
-have an effective approach to building sustainable relationships with arts and cultural organisations
-value and embed the arts and culture through a broad and balanced curriculum
We are very proud that we have received national recognition for our provision!
Thank you and well done to children and parents that brought in food for our Harvest celebration. 66 bags of food and goods were collected by the New Hope Trust who were very impressed with our efforts.