Taking the New Half Term by Storm
After a week off, the pupils all came back with more energy than Storms Ciara and Dennis combined. A very busy week, and some particular highlights:
- a dazzling assembly from Year 5 who were true superstars, performing stories, freeze frames, Olympic-level gymnastics, pie-related fractions, singing and even a slice of old-school hip hop. What a show.
- Our second ever whole-school Stay and Play was really well attended in Early Years and Key Stage One, and it was great to see more parents joining Key Stage Two's learning. Again, plenty of happy faces, and LOTS of fun maths learning happening.
- Some pupils in Year 3 and 4 attended a "Maths Mastermind" workshop. They were challenged by some tricky questions - some involving human bar graphs, some involving Fibonacci sequences. Wow.
- Year 6 created their own blood! Don't panic, it was made up by "pretend" materials, including a ping pong ball standing in for a white blood cell.
- Pancake Wednesday (the new Pancake Tuesday) was gratefully attended by Early Years, and we all saw some excellent Maths work based on ordering pancakes by size in Friday's Celebration Assembly. There was even a spare pancake or two for the teachers to try! Thanks, Early Years!
Enjoy the weekend, St Meryl, and come back with the gusto of Storm Jorge!